cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery grip for Canon 77d

secondlevel
Enthusiast
I just purchased a 77d. Because of the small battery I wanted to get a battery grip. I checked online and at the Canon store but couldn't find one! Does Canon make a grip for this model?
48 REPLIES 48

i ordered the canon 77d kit and the grip that came with the kit did not fit. so then i ordered another one online and it doesnt fit...this is very frustring...i now have 2 power battery grips i dont need.

secondlevel
Enthusiast
The 77d has a newer processor and higher native ISO range. I shot events on the weekends and last weekend the 77d proved its value. I was using my 60d and the 430 flash when the people at the party turned down the lights. The 60d struggled to focus. I just got the 77d and normally would not use it for a paid event until I sent more time using it. My choice became either refund the money or give the 77d a try.

The 77d was like a ninja! I missed few shots. I was able to lock focus on the people dancing with no problems.

I like the larger size cameras. However, the smaller size of the 77d was helpful when trying to pack a bag with multiple lens and flash.

The battery grip wouldn't be an issue with the 80d. It uses the same battery as the 60d and I have covered events with it and had plenty power left. I have a battery grip for my 60d and only use it when I want to offset the weight of a big lens. After covering that party the battery on the 77d was drained.

Money was the reason that I chose the 77d. I only use the money I earn from shooting to buy photography gear.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, I would like the lighter weight body and the newer processor but I really like having the battery grip more for how it feels in my hand than for the extended battery life. Ugh...first world decisions. 🙂

secondlevel
Enthusiast
If I had the extra $200 I would have gotten the 80d. It's feels better to me. The 77d files like I am shooting a mirrorless camera. When I put my 24-105 L on it I can feel it is front heavy. However, i don't regret getting the 77d. I get better low light, better autofocus, and Bluetooth and wi fi for $200 less. I am satisfied.

@secondlevel wrote:
If I had the extra $200 I would have gotten the 80d. It's feels better to me. The 77d files like I am shooting a mirrorless camera. When I put my 24-105 L on it I can feel it is front heavy. However, i don't regret getting the 77d. I get better low light, better autofocus, and Bluetooth and wi fi for $200 less. I am satisfied.

If it is not too late, then take it back for a refund, and save up the extra 200 bucks.  Never settle for almost as good, and not quite what you want, most especially when it comes to choosing lenses.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

Never settle for almost as good.
"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."

Says the guy that is still using Photoshop CS6. Smiley LOL

secondlevel
Enthusiast
I don't regret it. The 77d is a fantastic camera at its current cost. It has all the features I need and a few new ones too. My second camera is a 60d. The improvements in auto focus system and high ISO are good enough for me at this time.

I knew about the 80d when I went to the store. I didn't know the 77d existed. I don't regret getting it.

@secondlevel wrote:
I don't regret it. The 77d is a fantastic camera at its current cost. It has all the features I need and a few new ones too. My second camera is a 60d. The improvements in auto focus system and high ISO are good enough for me at this time.

I knew about the 80d when I went to the store. I didn't know the 77d existed. I don't regret getting it.

Great.  Don't compromise on lenses, though.  That's where the rubber hits the road.  Your shots will never be better than the IQ of the lens that you're using.  There are a couple of "L" lenses that sell for less than a grand.  BUY ONE.  I know that it'll put a hurt in your pocket, but it will leave you foaming at the mouth. 

EOS 7D Mark II2017_04_170802.jpg

Some of my photos almost have a 3D feel to them.

@Waddizzle wrote:

What lens was that shot with?

@lazlot wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

What lens was that shot with?

That was shot with the EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II USM, which has a MFD of just less than a meter.  The camera body was a 7D Mark II.  It was a little on the dark side, too.  I had went to visit a local bird pond at sunrise, and no one was home.  So, after half an hour I packed it in to visit another park.  I spotted the flowers blooming near the entrance to the next park.

BTW, I use LR far more than I use PS.  I only use PS to do thinks like stacking macro photos, removing people and linter from landscape shots, or in other words to basically manufacture an image from one or more photos.  I use a couple of third party lenses quite frequently, so I like the wide menagerie of lenses that LR can compensate for.  Canon's DPP can only do lens correction on Canon lenses. 

Announcements