cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Grip for a Canon 4000d

Henderson53
Apprentice

Hi

I have seen a couple of posts saying that 'I have bought a battery Grip' for a 4000D but I cannot find a battery grip anywhere or even a third pary compatible one. Can anyone help please

3 REPLIES 3

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The 4000D is an entry-level DSLR and therefore will not have the ability for more advanced things. If there is no Canon brand battery grip for it, there is no grip. No grip that you should even try to use. None!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Canon seems to have stopped making battery grips for the Rebel series cameras starting with the T7i and 77D. Third party battery grips starting showing up for these cameras not long after they were released. 

Unlike previous cameras that had optional battery grips, these cameras have no electrical contacts for the shutter in the battery compartment to allow for a vertical orientation shutter button.  The third party workaround is to supply a short cable that connects to the remote shutter connection. 

I expect you might see a third party grip for the 2000D and 4000D, but they have been out for awhile now, and there have been no third party grips produced as of today. 

Travor-Camera-Vertical-Battery-Grip-Holder-For-Canon-EOS-800D-Rebel-T7i-77D-Kiss-X9i-Battery.jpg

Mike Sowsun

@ebiggs1 wrote:

The 4000D is an entry-level DSLR and therefore will not have the ability for more advanced things. If there is no Canon brand battery grip for it, there is no grip. No grip that you should even try to use. None!

I agree with Erne.  You do not want to try use one of these grips on a camera not designed to use one.  You will not have the advanced things, like a simple wheel to adjust the shutter speed, for example.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements