cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back button on focus 6D MarkII

rdixit
Contributor

How do I set up back button focus in the 6D Mark II? I have a lot of instructions on BBF for the 6D, nothing for the 6D MarkII.

I am scrolling to C.FunIII. Then I get a series of pictograms, and I have no idea what to do to set up BBF. I am having trouble understanding which pictogram means what.IMG_2610.JPG

26 REPLIES 26

@47greyfox wrote:

I read all the post's threads. The pages identified were 500 and 501. Not 497, a more logical starting point. 

“I am scrolling to C.FunIII. Then I get a series of pictograms, and I have no idea what to do to set up BBF. I am having trouble understanding which pictogram means what.

5A9C2498-2021-492F-A25B-8B0088FB9ACF.jpeg

Gee, look at that.  Page 497 looks just like the screenshot that the OP posted, which is exactly what the OP does not understand.  The pictograms are not explained anywhere on that page.  Pages 500 and 501 explain which pictograms to adjust for BBF.  Thank-you. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I see your point even tho the posting didn't have the entire manual page. I guess my thought is that there was a lot of wasted space with very little info imparted, whereas, a simple walk thru would've done the trick. 

@rdixit wrote:

I am editing my original question to make it more clear. I will also try to attach a photo of the "pictograms"

[ Button ]. :  [ Function ]

@Waddizzle wrote:

@rdixit wrote:

I am editing my original question to make it more clear. I will also try to attach a photo of the "pictograms"

The [Shutter] button needs to be “Metering”.

The [AF-ON] button needs to be “Metering and AF Start”, which is seems to be the factory default.  This is also the default setting for the [Shutter] button.

@Waddizzle wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

@rdixit wrote:

The [Shutter] button needs to be “Metering”.

The [AF-ON] button needs to be “Metering and AF Start”, which is seems to be the factory default.  This is also the default setting for the [Shutter] button.

If you cannot understand that, then you need to contact Canon Support so that they can walk you through it.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@rdixit wrote:

How do I set up back button focus in the 6D Mark II? I have a lot of instructions on BBF for the 6D, nothing for the 6D MarkII.

I am scrolling to C.FunIII. Then I get a series of pictograms, and I have no idea what to do to set up BBF. I am having trouble understanding which pictogram means what.IMG_2610.JPG

If you have instructions for the 6D, then use those.  The major difference is where to find the menu, which you seem to have found.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Contact Canon Support.

I have posted the settings at least twice. Looking at your screenshots, you obviously know how to change the settings.
Announcements