cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Focus in live view

yosser29
Contributor

Hi, need a little help please, 5D mk4. Do I need to enable/configure  autofocus in live view on the toughscreen. Doesn't seem to focus when touching the screen to focus on different objects at various focusing distances. Works perfectly on my 70D.

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@yosser29 wrote:

Hi, need a little help please, 5D mk4. Do I need to enable/configure  autofocus in live view on the toughscreen. Doesn't seem to focus when touching the screen to focus on different objects at various focusing distances. Works perfectly on my 70D.

Two questions.  What shooting mode are you using?  Which, and how many, AF points are enabled?  Test it in Green [A] mode.

There probably is a setting in th menus that can adjust the touch screen sensitivity, or even disable it.  It is normally enabled in the bodies that I have with touch screens.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

yosser29
Contributor
Sorry for the confusion it’s was just me misoperating the camera. Don’t understand how you we’re able to reply I was sure I deleted the query a few minutes after posting.

Found the cure for this problem by accident. Autofocus in live view does not work if you decoupled focus from the shutter release and enabled back button  focus.

Announcements