Canon Community Canon Community

Occasional Contributor

Re: Auto Exposure Bracketing in Auto ISO

Very true Ebiggs1. Most do not. I have ADD though, lol.. I am trying something new all the time, most of the time it fails. But those few times when it works, its rewarding.. LOL

VIP

Smiley Very Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and several lenses!
New Contributor

Joel Grimes uses a Camranger to accomplish this. Wondering if the Canon Connect app couldn't do the same thing?

VIP

While looking for something else, I just happened to stumble across this in the 7D Mark II Instruction Manual.

EOS_7D2_ISO_Bracketing.JPG

Haven't tried it, yet, though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Esteemed Contributor

@danstepnik wrote:

Joel Grimes uses a Camranger to accomplish this. Wondering if the Canon Connect app couldn't do the same thing?

I own a CamRanger.  It's useful function is that it gives "WiFi" control to cameras that don't have built-in WiFi with remote control capabilities.  You can do the same thing with a long tethering cable ... and any software that supports tethered control of the camera.  

I actually prefer a long tethering cable and a real computer if I have the option...there are things I can do easier and faster than I can do using an iPad (at least today).  I don't see the same level of software maturity on a tablet ... but things are advancing rapidly so that day is probably not too far in the future.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Esteemed Contributor

I jsut realized this is an old zombie thread that's come back to life.  The original poster is probably long gone.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
VIP

@TCampbell wrote:

I jsut realized this is an old zombie thread that's come back to life.  The original poster is probably long gone.

Sorry about that.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Occasional Contributor

@TCampbell wrote:

Still right here, still wishing they hadn't made this design decision.  Over 50,000 shots on my 7D Mark II and I've wanted this particular feature dozens of times.

VIP

@Lee_Jay wrote:

@TCampbell wrote:

Still right here, still wishing they hadn't made this design decision.  Over 50,000 shots on my 7D Mark II and I've wanted this particular feature dozens of times.

Did you see my earlier post, from a couple of hours ago?  I haven't tried, but it sounds like what you're looking for.

Occasional Contributor

@Waddizzle wrote:

@Lee_Jay wrote:

@TCampbell wrote:

Did you see my earlier post, from a couple of hours ago?  I haven't tried, but it sounds like what you're looking for.

I did, but I didn't see the relevance.