cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio question

rjbee
Apprentice

Am I able to connect my Zoom H4N from the headphone/line output into the Canon EOS 70D mic input.  If so what should I be concerned with ? I will be shooting music videos of live bands.

3 REPLIES 3

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@rjbee wrote:

Am I able to connect my Zoom H4N from the headphone/line output into the Canon EOS 70D mic input.  If so what should I be concerned with ? I will be shooting music videos of live bands.

I would position the I would position the Zoom H4N so you get the best recoding of the band and not worry about hooking it up to the camera. Just sync the audio and video in post. A drumbeat or a hand clap can help make the syncing easier.

I realize that but can I connect my H4N to the mic input of the camera and will it essentially disconnect the cameras mic and default to the H4N ?

Hi rjbee!

There appears to be a line output jack on the H4N, which you can connect to the mic input jack on the camera.  The camera will then use that source rather than the built-in microphone.  However, I am inclined to agree that recording the audio separately with the recorder, then combining the audio track with the video in post is probably the better way to go.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements