cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio issues on 77D

CN2434
Apprentice

Hello,

I just purchased an external mic for my 77D, the Rode Videomicro.

When shooting moving subjects in the auto mode, I noticed the audio would become distorted because the microphone was too sensitive. 

I tried manual sound, but it would be either too quiet for part or too loud/distorted, as there seems to be no audio setting that is good for both close/far. 

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

On camera microphones are good for shooting one of those "talking head" videos that you see all over YouTube.  You set the volume once, and you're good to go.  You set the focus once, and you're good to go.  That's easy to do.

When either your subject or the cameras moves, things begin to get a lot trickier really fast.  A wireless microphone works at any distance within its' radio range.  Adjusting focus and exposure as your subject or camera moves is even trickier.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Is there possibly some incompatibility between the camera and the Rode microphone? Does the mic have its own battery, or does it expect to be powered by the camera's battery?

@BurnUnit wrote:

Is there possibly some compatibility between the camera and the Rode microphone? Does the mic have its own battery, or does it expect to be powered by the camera's battery?

I thought about that.  But, B&H lists the microphone as a recommended accessory.  They could be wrong, though.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements