cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio from Mixer into Camera

yolojasdeep
Apprentice

I am trying ro record an event at my church. I want to have the audio through the mixer go into my camera mic input. My church has a Yamaha MG12XU Mixer. I have a Canon EOS 60D. I was wondering if I could use XLR female to Aux adapter [link removed per forum guidelines] and plug it into the audio output (the speaker output) on the Mixer. I want to record the event through my camera and have the audio come through the microphones which then go through the mixer and go to the Camera. I know that I can blow the camera so I need to know what to buy so a lot of energy doesnt go through the camera and break it. I need to know what type of resistor to buy or something that can decrease the energy. I need to know by this Sunday. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

As long as you use the line level output, not the "Speaker" output, you should be fine. Never ever use the speaker output.

One of these would work too:

[link removed per forum guidelines]

You used to be able to get them at radio shack, sigh.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You're trying to do it backwards.  You should be combining the audio and video in post-processing, not at real time, so that you can adjust the levels of each signal.  Use an external recorder, not the camera, too.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

As long as you use the line level output, not the "Speaker" output, you should be fine. Never ever use the speaker output.

One of these would work too:

[link removed per forum guidelines]

You used to be able to get them at radio shack, sigh.

Could you please tell me the name of the wire you are reccomending. Your link got blocked out.

Just google at amazon for line level to microphone adapter - it is all in one cable.

Announcements