Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Anyone else have a problem with their integral flash on 7D after firmware update?

I downloaded the big 7D firmware update and now my integral (or pop-up) flash will not open.  I tried resetting to default, but it didn't do anything.  Strangely enough, when in the function menu, I cannot change any flash settings...it says my external flash is still attached to the camera.  This happened after using an external flash after the firmware update.  Any suggestions? Ideas?

New Contributor

Re: Anyone else have a problem with their integral flash on 7D after firmware update?

Had that happen to my T1i, turned out the micro switch in the rails on the hot shoe was stuck. After removing the metal plate & freeing it up with a small screwdriver, it's never done it again...
New Contributor

Re: Anyone else have a problem with their integral flash on 7D after firmware update?

Thanks bud411...I will give that a shot.