cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another person upgrading 5D Mark ll and I need some advice

impatronus
Contributor

Hi! I need a new camera - my 5DII is experiencing technical difficulties and is telling me its time for a change. We have been together since it was first introduced and I have learned so much with it. I am not a professional - but need to shoot professional looking shots for my business and the 5DII definitley helped me do that - in addition to shooting anything and everything I wanted to capture. Today, I shoot a lot of macro -- portrait and landscape as well. Need to shoot products (accessories) in full detail as well as creative shots of the products while in use (fashion/lifestyle), both wide and portrait. I also just love to shoot things I see/like and will continue to do that too. I do not shoot video at the moment  - however, I need to begin immediately. I have some great lenses (macro/portrait/telephoto/wideangle/standard), which I will continue using. There has been so much advancement, including connectivity, which is extremely limited on the 5DII, I am not sure where to look. I want a camera that will continue to make me a better photographer, like my 5DII has to done up until now. I greatly appreciate all of the advice/guidance from the community!!

23 REPLIES 23

@tmc784 wrote:

Pause taking important moment by pull out died battery and insert a fresh battery ?

Like you shoot non-stop and can't pause for 10 seconds to change battery?

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr

It was frustrate to interupt shooting video.

"Pause taking important moment by pull out died battery and insert a fresh battery ?"

With the other limitations of using a DSLR for vids, changing a battery is at the bottom of the inconveniences.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@tmc784 wrote:

It was frustrate to interupt shooting video.

Start every shoot with a fresh, fully charged battery.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements