cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow SET button on 6D to change White Balance Preset

hsbn
Whiz

On the EOS 6D right now, there is no fast/easy way to change/set the White Balance. Even my old 30D camera has a WB button where you press it, then rotate the main dial to change the WB presets.

On the 6D right now, you can customize the SET button to change IMAGE QUALITY, PICTURE STYLE, MENU, ISO (hold the set button and rotate the main dial), FLASH COMPENSATION. 

I wish Canon could include White Balance as one of the options. There are already a button for ISO and MENU, yet they're included in the option. I bet everyone who is using the 6D miss the WB button. That's the first one I notice when using the 6D.

Just my wishful thinking, but I doubt that anyone from Canon will read this one.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weekend Travelers Blog | Eastern Sierra Fall Color Guide
2 REPLIES 2

HDCamTeam
Enthusiast

@hsbn wrote:

On the EOS 6D right now, there is no fast/easy way to change/set the White Balance. Even my old 30D camera has a WB button where you press it, then rotate the main dial to change the WB presets.

On the 6D right now, you can customize the SET button to change IMAGE QUALITY, PICTURE STYLE, MENU, ISO (hold the set button and rotate the main dial), FLASH COMPENSATION. 

I wish Canon could include White Balance as one of the options. There are already a button for ISO and MENU, yet they're included in the option. I bet everyone who is using the 6D miss the WB button. That's the first one I notice when using the 6D.

Just my wishful thinking, but I doubt that anyone from Canon will read this one.

Hi,

The missing WB button is something we noticed right after the announcement and we also don't understand why Canon removed it, since it so important for Photography and Video.

Your request is completely logical and fair, and can be implemented via Firmware.

- I suggest you to contact Canon and let them know your request, all EOS 6D users should do the same indeed.:

Canon Customer Support Center:

Phone: 1-800-OK-CANON / 1-800-652-2666
TDD: 1-866-251-3752
Email: carecenter (at) cits (dot) canon (dot) com

- Maybe there is a section on this forum to report issues and request improvements?

Please post here the reply from Canon and let us know the progress.

Regards

HD Cam Team
Group of photographers and filmmakers using Canon cameras for serious purposes.
www.hdcamteam.com | www.twitter.com/HDCamTeam | www.facebook.com/HDCamTeam

@HDCamTeam wrote:

Your request is completely logical and fair, and can be implemented via Firmware.

- I suggest you to contact Canon and let them know your request, all EOS 6D users should do the same indeed.:

Canon Customer Support Center:

Phone: 1-800-OK-CANON / 1-800-652-2666
TDD: 1-866-251-3752
Email: carecenter (at) cits (dot) canon (dot) com

- Maybe there is a section on this forum to report issues and request improvements?

Please post here the reply from Canon and let us know the progress.

Regards

Thanks, I'll do the same.  It's rediculous. I knew about it before I bought it, but it still pisses me off.

Announcements