cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allergy to Viewfinder EOS M50

Chloe_G
Apprentice

I've had my M50 for about eight months and in the last couple of months I develop streaming eyes and I can't see when I use the viewfinder.  

Has anyone else got this problem?  It is really annoying as I like to use the viewfinder and I hate using the touchscreen - I feel like I can't frame the shots properly with the screen.

I just googled allergy to viewfinder and I came up with a problem with the rubber on a previous model and I wondered if this is the case with the M50 - or is it just I've developed an allergy!

2 REPLIES 2

@Chloe_G wrote:

I've had my M50 for about eight months and in the last couple of months I develop streaming eyes and I can't see when I use the viewfinder.  

Has anyone else got this problem?  It is really annoying as I like to use the viewfinder and I hate using the touchscreen - I feel like I can't frame the shots properly with the screen.

I just googled allergy to viewfinder and I came up with a problem with the rubber on a previous model and I wondered if this is the case with the M50 - or is it just I've developed an allergy!

We're obviously not in a position to dispense medical advice. But before you see an eye doctor about it, at least check to make sure that you haven't accidentally turned the adjustment wheel located next to the eyepiece..(I assume the M50 has one; ignore this suggestion otherwise.) Conceivably, eyestrain from trying to adapt to a misadjusted eyepiece could be what's causing your eyes to water.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hi there,

I second the recommendation to check the diopter adjustment since if this is not set properly to your eye it can cause irritation just like wearing glasses which are not your prescription.

I think the message you are referencing is about the EOS Rebel T4i which had some issue with oxidization on the rubber grip material that did cause some irritation for some people. I have not heard myself that this is the case with any other products but the thing to look for if it is the case would be oxidization of the rubber. If this happens you will see the rubber be covered or coated in a fine white powder. If you do notice this, I would definitely recommend boxing it up and sending it to Canon repair to be examined with a copy of your purchase receipt.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/service-repair

Announcements