cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After formatting SD 128gb card in 60d the card is not seen by my mac

Ganapati
Apprentice

Hello, as in the topic. I formatted 2  128 SD cards in my canon 60D (after upgrading it to1.1.1 firmware) and these cards are not seen anymore by my mac. When I plug the camera by usb to my camera it also does not see it. Before I never formatted these cards on my camera- always was Erasing files from cards through my laptop. Now I formatted these 2 SD cards and don't know what to do anymore. Funny thing is that one of these 128gb card after being formatted in the camera is not seen by camera either...
How to solve it?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Are you using mini-SD cards?  The adapters are notoriously unreliable.  If not, the 128GB cards just may simply be too big for the camera.  There are numerous posts by people with cards that are 64GB in size, or larger, experiencing read/write issues with their cards.

I'm not sure what fixes and features are part of your firmware update, or if the 60D could ever handle cards that large.  Try a card that is 8-32GB in size, and see if the problems continue.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Yes, but it was working before for at least 6 weeks withouth any problem. I was filming long hours, filing one card up to 50 GB, withouth any hesitation. They are standard SD cards SanDisc 95MB/s, not micro.

Does anyone have the same problem?

Would you say that these cards are destroyed now? I just want them back cause they are not the cheapest one, but how to recover them back now?

@Ganapati wrote:

Yes, but it was working before for at least 6 weeks withouth any problem. I was filming long hours, filing one card up to 50 GB, withouth any hesitation. They are standard SD cards SanDisc 95MB/s, not micro.

Would you say that these cards are destroyed now? I just want them back cause they are not the cheapest one, but how to recover them back now?

I hope the cards are not destroyed, but I think it is unusual for two cards to fail in a near identical fashion at the same time.  The coincidence makes me inclined to believe that something external to the cards is causing an issue.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements