cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice choosing between Canon EOS R or RP - Been playing with the EOS for little under a month now.

cristomike2
Apprentice

So as the title says, i've had the Canon EOS RP for little under a month now. I was lucky to punch in at around 1650 USD for the body + the 24-105 Kit Lens (which is amazing).

Now, i dont have time, to wait for another Pro body, that might come or not come by the end of this or start of next year. I've been giving the opportunity to upgrade to the Canon EOS R for roughly 500 USD more (with the Lens kit) and i'm there for looking for advices to wether i should do it or not.

Just throwing some informations out there:

- I'll primarily be using the camera in a photostudio setup, taking pictures of colorfull objects.- Not planning to shoot in extreme situations, where i'll have to crank up the ISO to achieve a good exposure.- The reason i might consider the upgrade is, because i'd like to make it my primary camera for the next period of 3-5 years at the very least.

The talk about the Dynamic range on the EOS RP vs the R is also something that i getting and making me think the upgrade for 500 USD is justifiable, specially if i'm planing to use it for atleast 3-5 years. What do you think?

20 REPLIES 20

No, you did not...

Whatever you say. I reiterate, it's all opinion, worth exactly what it costs.

Announcements