cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjust Shutter Speed in Manual Mode

Shannie86
Apprentice

Hi!

I'm trying to adjust my shutter speed while in manual mode, but I cannot figure out how to do that.

Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Can anyone help?"

Possibly if I knew what camera you have. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Shannie86
Apprentice
Sorry. I have a Canon 80D 🙂

Rotate the Main dial or Quick Control dial to adjust the setting. You also can tap the f-stop or shutter speed to display a screen with a setting scale; drag your finger along the scale or tap the arrows above it to adjust the setting. Press the return arrow or the Set button to exit the screen.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

I would urge you to give your owners manual a good read-through at least once (if not twice) to familiarize yourself with your camera.  It can do some amazing things if you know how to take advantage of what it can do.

BTW, the main dial is the wheel located near the shutter button.  The dial controls different things depending on the camera mode.  But in Manual shooting mode, it controls the shutter speed.  

There is another dial on the back of the camera (conveniently located so that your thumb can operate that dial while your right-index finger controls the main dial).  The rear dial controls the aperture when in Manual mode.

These two settings are the basic fundamental settings of “exposure”.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements