cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjust Kelvin White Balance on EOS R

vanillaslice
Apprentice

Hey all,

Just recently bought an EOS R, currently in the process of familiarizing myself with the new functions.

I cant seem to set a button to adjust the Kelvin of the White Balance. I am able to scroll across the different White Balance modes (AWB, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, ect...) and although I can select the Kelvin setting, I am unable to change the variable itself. I know I can go to the menu, go to page 4 of camera settings, select white balance, scroll to Kelvin setting, and then adjust the variable but on my 60D I was able to change it with a single button. Anyone have a solution?

I'd really appreciate the help, I'm currently using AWB but would absolutely prefer to set it myself.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

On my 5D Mk III there is a button on the top for WB but not on my 80D.

On the 60D. I do see that the "SET" button can be customized for WB selection.

The EOS R has customizable controls, but I don't see one for White Balance. 

001.jpg

002.jpg

Mike Sowsun

CarlG
Enthusiast

Go to your info button until you get to the Display on the Screen that shows what mode you are in the upper left corner. You can not set this in auto. It has to be P, TV, AV or M. Hit the Q button touch the white balance icon. There you can select Kelvin and adjust it from there.

I forgot to say use the wheel by the M-Fn button to change it.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Maybe not the exact answer you asked for but......

"I don't have a EOS R but I suspect Raw works the same as it does for any camera. Shoot only Raw format and set WB in LR/PS in post.  You can put it wherever you like it.

All cameras are slightly different.  You are seeing a jpg representation of the Raw conversion if you are already shooting Raw.   It is no problem to correct."

This was my reply to another WB querry on the forum about the EOS R.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements