cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding copyright information

Sandesh1
Apprentice
I owned Canon EOS 77D, and I am trying to add copyright information but unable to find the option to add.
Pls can someone help me to find the solution.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Peter
Authority
Authority

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

See the star in the heading of the manual exerpt Peter helpfully supplied? That means you must be in one of the creative modes, like P or M, to see these options

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Peter
Authority
Authority

The copyright information is saved in Exif. Take a picture and upload it to, for example Jeffrey's Image Metadata Viewer.

Compare the Exif from my jpeg.

Screenshot_20200518-105631.jpg

Sandesh1
Apprentice
Peter, I didn’t get this. I should upload it to where?

This doesn't add a watermark - the copyright information will not be visible on the image, it's in the embedded EXIF information of the image. For a watermark, you will need to use your post-processing (editing) software of choice.

@Stephen wrote:

This doesn't add a watermark - the copyright information will not be visible on the image, it's in the embedded EXIF information of the image. For a watermark, you will need to use your post-processing (editing) software of choice.

Ah, but what if your post-processing software of choice is DPP4 (as it is in my case)? Wouldn't it be a fine idea to add that capability to that otherwise highly capable editor? AFAIK, it isn't there now.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Correcton....

"Wouldn't it be a fine idea to add that capability to that otherwise highly slightly capable editor?"  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

Correcton....

"Wouldn't it be a fine idea to add that capability to that otherwise highly slightly capable editor?"  Smiley Happy

Yeah, Ernie, we all know how you feel about DPP. We also know that you've barely tried it. So your opinion is worth about as much as my opinion of Lightroom. But FWIW, I do acknowledge that LR is probably very good at what it does best.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

And...."But FWIW, I do acknowledge that LR DPP4 is probably very good at what it does best.  Just not enough!

"We also know that you've barely tried it."

Robert you might be surprised there, my friend.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Peter
Authority
Authority

There are many Exif viewers. I just picked the one I prefer.
If you use DPP4 I think Ctrl+I will show you the Exif data.

Exif is embedded and not visible when looking at the picture. If you want your name on the picture you should search for watermark instead.

Announcements