cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding copyright information

Sandesh1
Apprentice
I owned Canon EOS 77D, and I am trying to add copyright information but unable to find the option to add.
Pls can someone help me to find the solution.
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Peter
Authority
Authority

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

See the star in the heading of the manual exerpt Peter helpfully supplied? That means you must be in one of the creative modes, like P or M, to see these options

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Peter
Authority
Authority

Skärmbild från 2020-05-14 11-16-22.png

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

See the star in the heading of the manual exerpt Peter helpfully supplied? That means you must be in one of the creative modes, like P or M, to see these options

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Pls can someone help me to find the solution."

If you were asking how to put it on a photo, that requires a post editor like Lightroom.  Remember the EXIF does not display.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"Pls can someone help me to find the solution."

If you were asking how to put it on a photo, that requires a post editor like Lightroom.  Remember the EXIF does not display.

BTW, Canon, that would be a simple and very helpful enhancement to DPP.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

This task is a piece of cake when you use the EOS Utlity and a USB cable.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@Waddizzle wrote:

This task is a piece of cake when you use the EOS Utlity and a USB cable.

Depends on what you mean by "this task". Adding it to the Exif data, yes. Imprinting it on the picture, no.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

BurnUnit
Whiz
Whiz

Irfanview (free to download) will also allow you to bulk process and watermark your images with copyright information.

Sandesh1
Apprentice
Thanks Peter and KV berkley for your solution. I find that option and added my information in my camera.
But that copyright information is not showing in image. Should I do anything more in the settings or did I done anything wrong?

I get the impression that he wants his copyright information to show somewhere on the face of the image itself. Like a small imprint at the bottom of his photos that states something like "Sandesh1, © 2020". This would have to be applied after the fact to a copy of the image as a watermark. It can be done in Photoshop and probably any other of the better photo editors.

Or without buying any additional software it can also be done with a free download of Irfanview. Plus Irfanview has a lot of other handy features for things like file renaming and image resizing. I've never seen anything in the Canon software that will add a watermark to your images.

. . .And once again, Stephen is on the case. Robot wink

Announcements