Canon Community Canon Community

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

AF review

I have AF point display set in my R5 but the only way I can get it to work is by pressing the AF button and the shutter button at the same time ,. Is there a way to achieve this without involving the AF button, I have back button focus enabled. What I wish  to  do  is  set focus, activate the  shutter with  my  remote without  touching  the  camera during  exposure as  I do a lot of shooting in low light with long exposures and use a remote switch to avoid camera shake .

VIP

Re: AF review

Disable BBF.  Done.  Save it as a custom shooting mode for when you use the remote.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."
Occasional Contributor

Thanks  for  replying,  so  basically there  is  no  way to  set up  the  way 
I would  like  it then. 

VIP

Corrrect.  A remote shutter control is exactly that, a remote shutter button.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Doctor told me to get out and walk, so I bought a Canon."