cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AF options changed

kenelder
Contributor

On my EOS-70D, when I used to press the AF button on the right side of the top of the camera, I’d get options for One Shot, AI Focus, and AI Servo. Now, after resetting the defaults using [Clear all camera settings], I get the following AF options: Tracking, FlexiZone – Multi, FlexiZone – Single, and Quick Mode. What happened? How do I get it to show One Shot, AI Focus, and AI Servo?

3 REPLIES 3

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@kenelder wrote:

On my EOS-70D, when I used to press the AF button on the right side of the top of the camera, I’d get options for One Shot, AI Focus, and AI Servo. Now, after resetting the defaults using [Clear all camera settings], I get the following AF options: Tracking, FlexiZone – Multi, FlexiZone – Single, and Quick Mode. What happened? How do I get it to show One Shot, AI Focus, and AI Servo?

Are you using Live View or the viewfinder?  

There are more than one places in the menu system that clear/reset camera settings.  Which one did you use?  The main menu setting that "reset to factory defaults" does not alter custom control programming.  Custom control programming, which means how buttons can be custom programmed, have their own reset menu function.

The full instruction manual describes custom control programming, and can be downloaded from Canon Support on the support page for your camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

I was using Live View.

To clear the camera settings I used [Clear all camera settings] under the fourth wrench tab.

The others apply when you are *not* in Live View.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements