cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A funny thing happened to me on the way to the forum

Robodot
Enthusiast

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It looks like the Lumix I purchased has "scene detection" so i guess someone does make it.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17

Ray-uk
Whiz

Wow, congratulations for posting the most obscure image you could find, what are we looking at ?

My best guess is a photo of the live view screen on your camera of an image of a resolution test chart reflected in a window with the shadow of your head surrounding it.

Try submitting a more suitable shot.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Smiley Surprised Smiley Frustrated

???????

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

This is why cell phone pictures will never replace a real camera.

Its a distortion of the live view image when the camera is tapped, i guess its normal. just another thing I like about digital camera technology, not.

for all the money and technology that is involved with cameras, one would would think they could make a camera that knows what your photographing and set the camera for you, people, buildings, landscape, animals, birds, portraits flowers ect. 

They do, its called a P&S (point and shoot).  It is not a DSLR's job.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Low res Satt Image of Military Missle Guidance system.  Target area in the square.  Ha Ha.  Ok I'm kidding.  OP, what are we looking at?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It looks like the Lumix I purchased has "scene detection" so i guess someone does make it.

@Robodot wrote:

Hello!

We like to call that "Scene Intelligent Auto" mode, otherwise known as "Full Auto," "Auto," "A+," or "Green Box" mode, depending on the camera you're using. 

Most modern Canon models can typically ascertain the best shooting conditions for you when you're in automatic. If you're using a Canon camera, and you've got questions, let us know. 

yes very similar, never really thought about those settings until now.

manual mode raw, its not hard, but I cannot spend a lot of time in front of a pc screen post editing for noise, color, sharpening etc. (vertigo) or having to sort through hundreds of photos for a usable one or two. My current 60d and 300mm is not focusing over 50 feet from the subject, even with a tripod so?

thinking outside the box, i am going to try video photography for BIF with the lumix.  take the artistic still photos with an dslr or mirrorless, flowers, birds, wildlife and landscape (not interested in portrait or cityscape).

been looking for something better, maybe a d500 with a good 18-250?

Announcements