cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Tempest in a Tea Cup

Davoud
Enthusiast

So it was a tempest in a tea cup. Canon shipped the 5D Mark IV a week ago. Adobe didn't support its raw format but Canon shipped a free workaround with every camera. People freaked out anyway. Et puis voilà, today Adobe supports the Mark IV raw format. The First World survives another brush with disaster. Sheesh! Is this the Knee Jerk States of America, or what?! 

4 REPLIES 4

@Davoud wrote:

So it was a tempest in a tea cup. Canon shipped the 5D Mark IV a week ago. Adobe didn't support its raw format but Canon shipped a free workaround with every camera. People freaked out anyway. Et puis voilà, today Adobe supports the Mark IV raw format. The First World survives another brush with disaster. Sheesh! Is this the Knee Jerk States of America,or what?! 

Ever since "911", we've been required to overreact to everything. It's almost become part of our national identity.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

@RobertTheFat wrote:

Ever since "911", we've been required to overreact to everything. It's almost become part of our national identity.

I think it began with next-day delivery from certain large on-line retailers. Amazon, B&H if you live in the Mid-Atlantic, others.

@RobertTheFat wrote:

I think it began with next-day delivery from certain large on-line retailers. Amazon, B&H if you live in the Mid-Atlantic, others.

diverhank
Authority

@Davoud wrote:

So it was a tempest in a tea cup. Canon shipped the 5D Mark IV a week ago. Adobe didn't support its raw format but Canon shipped a free workaround with every camera. People freaked out anyway. Et puis voilà, today Adobe supports the Mark IV raw format. The First World survives another brush with disaster. Sheesh! Is this the Knee Jerk States of America, or what?! 

I have a different take on this...all of my friends who got the 5DIV (4 of them) didn't even complain one bit.  We all know this game and we've played it before.  When I pre-ordered my 7DII, it was the same thing.

The ones who panicked are the newbies to this exciting waiting game...they will calm way down the next time around.  By the way, Canon did not ship a workaround.  It is the official program...not Canon fault you're not using their DPP.

================================================
Diverhank's photos on Flickr
Announcements