cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90d USB Cord

chief
Rising Star

I am drawing a blank, what kind and where can i purchase a USB cord for my  EOS 90d so I can transfer images right from camera to MacBook and also to check shutter count. Also does any one know whta kind of USB cable a 1dx Mark ll uses. I am looking at buying a used model from friend and they do not have one, also want to check shutter count. Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

1D X series report shutter count in 1000 blocks right in the camera.

Annotation 2020-02-17 095127.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Any USB type-mini-B cable should work. Just make sure it is not a charging cable.

@kvbarkley wrote:

Any USB type-mini-B cable should work. Just make sure it is not a charging cable.

Be careful; some of Canon's recent high-end cameras (7D2, 5D4, ...) use a cable that's micro-USB3 at the camera end.

B&H sells all forms of USB cables. All the ones I've bought there have worked fine.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

is it a mini b or minic c usb

I am not sure, I find conflicting info, in any case, it is not a mini-b

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

90D is Micro-B and 1D X Mark II is USB-3.

Google before you purchase.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
I find it a just little odd that your friend, who is selling you a $4000+ camera, cannot offer more insight and help.

Look up the cameras at Canon’s Online Store to see the accessories. Or you could visit B&H.
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

On Canon's store, and th emanual, too,  you can only find the number for the cable, no info as to what kind of connector it has. I believe it is just a micro-B, not USB-C.

@kvbarkley wrote:

On Canon's store, and th emanual, too,  you can only find the number for the cable, no info as to what kind of connector it has. I believe it is just a micro-B, not USB-C.

Which is exactly why I suggest a visit to B&H

E50E3ADA-5791-496F-BCE3-35A9EC8546FB.jpeg

You are correct, BTW.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements