cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90D or 6D mkII?

TonnySmith
Apprentice

I am currently using a T6 and hoping to upgrade and capitalize on some black friday/boxing day sales. I am bouncing back and forth between the 90D and 6D mkII. Both are in my price range and I have already invested quite heavily in L glass, so I am not looking to switch systems. My shooting is fairly eclectic, from sports and wildlife (point 90D) to landscape, portraiture and some astro (point 6D mkII). I must admit I thought there would be more reviews out on the 90D already and am a little surprised by the lack of feedback I have been able to find. DxOMark has yet to release a review of the 90D, and while the 6D mkII has quite strong reviews, I am wondering if it still holds up to the 90D after 2 years on the market.

Any input, experiences, and/or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

16 REPLIES 16

"There was little chance of getting a shot of the sculpture without people."

Oh, but there is, its called Photoshop.  Actually pretty simple in that shot.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

"There was little chance of getting a shot of the sculpture without people."

Oh, but there is, its called Photoshop.  Actually pretty simple in that shot.

I know.  I could either crop them out, or clone them out.  BTW, there are a couple of folks standing under it, too.

YouTube : Photoshop Training Channel : How to remove anything in Photoshop 

Like I said, I used the people to convey a sense scale.  For me, leaving people in an image is a rarity.  When I do, I strive to make them seem anonymous, and use them to only convey a sense of scale.

It seemed like no one wanted to get too close it.  Obviously, it is pretty huge.  I must have been a good 100 yards/meters away from it.  It is sitting at top of a small ridge, which added at least 10-15 feet to its' height from our observation point.  It was a minor climb in the sun to reach it.

I think the artist wanted you observe it from where we standing, anyway,  The location make it seem far taller than the Catskills in the background.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Photoshop Elements will allow you to take several shots over a few minutes, so the people move around, and will remove them automagically.

This is another reason to use the "golden hour" in the morning. Fewer people at 6 AM!

Of course, this does not work at Albuquerque's Balloon Fiesta, since you have a few hundred thousand folks out there with you at dawn.

@kvbarkley wrote:

Photoshop Elements will allow you to take several shots over a few minutes, so the people move around, and will remove them automagically. ...

That works because the multiple images and moving figures allow the program to infer the background. Not so easy when you have a single image with an intrusive figure posed in front of anything but a blank background.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"Not so easy when you have a single image with an intrusive figure posed in front of anything but a blank background."

Perhaps not as easy but certainly still possible, Robert.

EB

@RobertTheFat wrote:

@kvbarkley wrote:

Photoshop Elements will allow you to take several shots over a few minutes, so the people move around, and will remove them automagically. ...

That works because the multiple images and moving figures allow the program to infer the background. Not so easy when you have a single image with an intrusive figure posed in front of anything but a blank background.

It may be easier than you think.  Did you see the link that I posted that shows you how to remove people from a photo?  It would take less than a minute to remove the people in the foreground of my shot, if that long.  It goes on to demonstrate a much more complex object removal.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

"It may be easier than you think."

I know quite a bit about how to use PS. I can get around pretty well. But I am not even in the same stratosphere compared to the people I used to work with.. Those folks can do 'anything' and a lot of amazing stuff.

EB
Announcements