cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90D Power Issue

KrazyE
Apprentice

I have a 90D that has recently developed a power issue. Earlier today, it was really picky when it would turn on. Sometimes it would turn on, sometimes not, and sometimes it wouldn't even turn off. Every time I got it to power up, it would not focus or actuate the shutter. 

I let it sit for several hours with the battery out and the power switch turned on. When I reinserted the battery and tuned it on, there is nothing. 

I've charged the battery and tried it. I've tried powering it up without the lens and memory card. I've tried different camera modes....nothing. 

I have a bad feeling that it needs to take a trip to the repair shop, am I missing anything else to try?

Thanks for any thoughts. 

1 REPLY 1

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Remove the lens and memory card, and try it.  Let's scratcth those off the list as possible sources of the problems.  If you are using a battery grip, then remove that, too.  Make sure the doors on the battery compartment and memory card are fully closed, as there are micro-switches on them that detect if the door is fully closed.

Make sure you are using a genuine Canon battery.  If you are still experiencing problems, then you should contact Canon Support.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements