cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90D - Does the built-in flash automatically pop-up?

cdkuttnauer
Apprentice

I just got a new 90D.  On my 70D, when the camera in auto mode would pop-up the flash when it thought it was needed.  My 90D does not appear to do the same.  Is this normal that you have to push the flash button to use it or do I need to get into settings or is it broken?  I have it set to Auto Flash.

13 REPLIES 13

With reference to the manual, which I downloaded and scanned.

Reading the information under Flash, built in and the A+ mode, while not specifically saying you need to press the button for A+, it does (to me) leave the impression that  you DO need to press the button, no matter what.  See the manual P78, 164 for reference.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

So almost 2 years later, has any one got confirmation from Canon them selves that autp mode on this model will not pop flash up automatically?? 
I have reaed manual, to me it suggests it will show you a flash symbol EVEN in auto mode for you to manual press the flash button to pop it up. Has any one got confirmation on this? 

It seems odd since Auto mode with every other model in the past had always popped flash up without having to press button. 

I have confirmed no debris, and reset all functions, AND once I do press the button the flash does infact work, takes great photos etc. However in auto mode (green square )  it will not automatically pop flash up, I just want to be sure this is normal? 

Thank you,

Brice 

I have not sought confirmation from Canon myself, as I don't use flash normally, and if I did I would not use the built-in one. If you want a confirmation direct from Canon, it seems most logical for you to contact your local Canon support centre and pose the question to them directly.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Okay, thank you for your reply. I will contact Canon USA to attempt some type of confirmation, will post on here after I hear back.

Thank you,

Brice 

Announcements