cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

90D/CR3

chief
Rising Star

Its been about 6 months with 90d and like camera a lot. But am still dealing with not being able to import CR3 files into MacBook Pro Photos with newest version of Catalina. Will import a few then all rest are just black thumbnails. Can import into Lightroom fine. Any body else having this problem? Apple is still "working on it"

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Apple website has updated list as of January 28,2020. It lists the 90D. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes I saw that but still does not import images properly. was on phone with Apple for over 2 hours, 3 techicians and no reolution and was told would hear back within 48 hours and that timeframe is long since gone by,

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Can import into Lightroom fine."

Looks like the solution!  Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

chief
Rising Star
I have been doing that, but I use Apple Photos as my Library and it is a pain in the ass to have to download into Lightroom and then into Photos. Also I spent almost $3000 for MacBook so it should work or am I missing something🤪

I can only say Lightroom is a far better way to store and sort photos than any other platform.  So, I would just consider myself good to go and use LR. Consider this, virtually every single professional photo shop or company in the USA uses LR.

I feel for you on the Mac Book. I really do. I will tell you a story, I was a beta tester for a large software company for 5 years.  I can confidently say 80% of all the issues and problems come form the Mac side. It seems when Apple does a OS upgrade or a new something hits the market Apple/Mac is behind the curve.  They will probably get it sorted sooner or later but consider using LR as your library keeper.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements