cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80d image corrupted

chief
Rising Star

any body know what caused this, Shot on 80d with 150mm-600mm Tamron iso 640 f/6.3 1/2000sec shutter, SanDisk extreme pro 64gb class 3 , 10IMG_0703.jpgIMG_08401.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

You are welcome and the Sandisk Extreme Pro version is an excellent choice for your 80D.

Generally cards that have write speed capability exceeding that of the camera are going to be fine but may be a waste of money depending upon your camera however the 80D will make good use of a card in the performance category of the Sandisk Extreme Pro series.  In some cases you will run into older cameras that won't be able to use a larger card size but as long as the size is compatible then faster write speed capability shouldn't be a problem.

In that case it is like octane 🙂   I use 89 in my Cadillac ATS which is perfect for its 3.6L naturally aspirated engine but 93 is the minimum reasoanble grade for the supercharged V8 in my Corvette Z06 and for track use it wants 100 octane to avoid pulling timing as heat increases.  If you are shooting single shot jpg format with long pauses in between then any decent SD card will be fine for your 80D but if you are shooting bursts in RAW mode then a fast card is needed.

Here is a site that tested various cards in your camera and may help guide your choice:  https://alikgriffin.com/best-memory-card-for-the-canon-80d/

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Got it and once again thanks

Announcements