cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80D: Maximum Burst (Approx.)

Equirev
Apprentice

Hello guys I'am a recently user of 80D with a UHS-I card SanDisk Extreme Pro 633x 32GB.
I selected this card UHS-I becase this camera can take 110 jpeg continually and 25 raw.
I set: Jpeg Large/Fine, ISO 100, 3: 2, Picture Style standard such as explained in manual. But I can't get 110 jpeg, just 77 like a standard card.

Thanks in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Equirevwrote:

Thanks for your valuable response.

Hi MikeSowsun. How do you know how many shots? Because the little screen shows up to 99.

I have the same card. I disable "Distortion" correction. Unfortunately it remains in 77.

How did you establish that you that you are not getting 110? If you read the notes in the manual, it says the number will always read 77. 

32GB_buffer3.jpg 

Hear is how I establish the jpeg buffer: 

Starting with no photos on the card I just shoot until the fps starts to slow down. If you subtract the image number of the first photo from the image number of the last photo, you will get the number of shots in the buffer. 

8485-8367=118

You can also use the “play” button to display the image on the rear LCD. The “info” button will give you the total image count in the top left corner. 

IMG_6513a.jpg

IMG_6511a.jpg

Mike Sowsun

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

I also have an 80D with the same card. 

I did a few tests and found that I needed to disable "Distortion" correction in the Lens Aberration Correction menu in order to get a 110 shot jpeg burst. 

I was able to get even higher than 110 by turning off all other corrections as well. 

32GB.jpg

32GB_buffer.jpg

Mike Sowsun

Hi MikeSowsun. How do you know how many shots? Because the little screen shows up to 99.

I have the same card. I disable "Distortion" correction. Unfortunately it remains in 77.

subtract file number of first shot from file number of final shot to get the count.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

@Equirevwrote:

How did you establish that you that you are not getting 110? If you read the notes in the manual, it says the number will always read 77. 

32GB_buffer3.jpg 

Hear is how I establish the jpeg buffer: 

Starting with no photos on the card I just shoot until the fps starts to slow down. If you subtract the image number of the first photo from the image number of the last photo, you will get the number of shots in the buffer. 

8485-8367=118

You can also use the “play” button to display the image on the rear LCD. The “info” button will give you the total image count in the top left corner. 

IMG_6513a.jpg

IMG_6511a.jpg

Mike Sowsun

Hi Mike Sowsun. Thank you for your time and such an adequate explanation. It was my bad interpretation. I thought "indicator" meant the little "H". I will be more careful next time.

Here this video: 185 shots. Amazing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6NuJNtkB5w

Which little "H" do you mean?

Mike Sowsun

This little H. The burst indicator. 😉

Imagen1.png

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

I don't believe this forum allows posting links so use Google or another search engine to search for:  best SD memory card for canon 80d [Mod: A link like that is permitted, so we added it for you!] 

You will find some results from testing the card in a Canon 80D to help you make the best choice.  Make sure to look at the in-camera write speed which is the most critical for what you need.

Also be VERY careful where you buy your card.  I ended up with a couple of fake San Disk cards a couple of years ago which didn't perform anything like the real article.  Counterfeit cards are very common from the large online only sellers.  

I would also avoid the micro-SD cards with adapter since the card/adapter interface can create a reliability problem.

On edit:  Thanks to the moderator for adding the link!

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video
Announcements