cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80D Grid Lines When Recording

santos133
Apprentice

Hey all!

So I'm having a bit of an issue here and I can't find any information on it. I have enabled Grid Lines in the menu but when I start shooting video, the grid lines disapear. This makes it pretty hard to compose my shots the way I want, without seeing the grid lines when recording.

Does anyone have a resolution for this?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Are you sure you turned them on in the right place? I believe that on some cameras grid lines on the LCD and grid lines in the viewfinder are two separate settings.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Hey Robert,

Thanks for the reply! Yea I have the gridlines on the LCD on. So basically when I'm framing my shot i have my 3x3 grid lines but as soon as I hit the record button they disappear. I'm hoping there is some way to keep them on when I am recording video.

@santos133 wrote:

Hey Robert,

Thanks for the reply! Yea I have the gridlines on the LCD on. So basically when I'm framing my shot i have my 3x3 grid lines but as soon as I hit the record button they disappear. I'm hoping there is some way to keep them on when I am recording video.

Of course, they turn off when you start recording.  WYSIWYG.  Well, almost.  The 80D is not a video camera.  Even if you had a video camera, you would use an external monitoring device to produce the grid lines.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

@santos133 wrote:

Hey Robert,

Page 204 of the 80D manual.

gridlines.JPG

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements