Canon Community Canon Community

Super Contributor

Re: 80D Continuously autofocusing

I think, legally, Canon USA does not have to honor a non-USA warranty.  The fact that they will is simply a testimony to the high level of customer support they offer.  I have always been impressed with the level of support Canon USA offers their customers.  My experience with Nikon and other brands has been much less satisfying.

Glad the factory will take care of this issue and honor the non-USA warranty for you.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: 80D Continuously autofocusing

[ Edited ]

International Models are a Gray Market purchase in the US.  All this does is encourage the further illegal importation of substandard and/or potential counterfeit items.  While this item might not be counterfeit, how it was procured and sold here is questionable.  Notice you'l never see an International item offered on Amazon as "Ships From And Sold By Amazon"

Shady.

Count your blessings bkc134, you've just dodged a bullet.

It's all outlined here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/groups/gray-market

Rick
Bay Area - CA
~6D2 (f/w 1.0.3) ~16-35mm f2.8L II, 50 f1.8 STM, 85 prime USM, 70-200 f2.8L IS II ~70-300 USM II ~Sigma 24-70 f2.8 Art (f/w 2.01)
~Sigma 150-600 C + TC1401 1.4x (f/w 1.03) ~Speedlite 430 EX II ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~Windows10 Pro nVidia GPU 1803