cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80D - Busy - please wait.......

janh
Apprentice

Hello,

I am getting this message when ever i take more than 3 photos, and when taking more than 5 images i have to wait for appx 15 seconds, before every image is saved, and then i can see the photos.

Usually on EOS cameras, you can view the images in a rough version, while the camera is saving them.

This has been the behavior on all the eos cameras i have used and know off.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Best...Jan

16 REPLIES 16

benstevens
Apprentice

I purchase an external flash and place into AL Servo mode, and it resolved it for me "no more"  "Busy. I can now shoot multiple times without waiting.

@benstevens wrote:

I purchase an external flash and place into AL Servo mode, and it resolved it for me "no more"  "Busy. I can now shoot multiple times without waiting.

Just a caution about "AI Servo" mode...

Canon has two different behaviors when you press the shutter button to take a shot.  

One is called "Focus Priority" which means that the most important factor is that the camera has focused before it will take the shot.  That feature is enabled when you use "One Shot" mode.  

The other is "Release Priority" which means that the most important factor is that the camera take the shot when you fully press the shutter button and it will do this regardless of whether it had time to focus or not.  (that italicized part is very important).  This feature is enabled when you use "AI Servo" mode.

The implication here is that when you switched to AI Servo mode, focus no longer becomes important to the camera -- but that doesn't mean you're getting focused shots.  It falls to you to half-press the shutter until the camera has focused to your satisfaction before you press the button down all the way.  It will take the shot and it will not report 'busy' in that mode.  

One aspect of action photography which is a bit different is the notion of the "decisive moment".  If a baseball player is sliding into home plate, there is a "moment" when taking the shot would be better than all other moments -- taking the shot a second early or a second later would not be as good.  "Release Priority" was designed to address this need of action photographers, and it's why the feature is enabled in "AI Servo" mode (which follows the subject and focuses continuously).  Action photographers would have been tracking the subject in anticipation of the moment happening and the focus would have been updating the entire time... so that when the moment arrives they press the shutter release and the camera will take the shot.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

benstevens
Apprentice

I purchased an an external light after getting this, becuase I needed one, and this appeared to fix the issue.  It appears to present itself when the onboard  light is used.  once the external light is activated the "busy" warning message does not come back and I can shoot continuiously

I had the same issue with my 2000D and tried left and right to get it to shoot again on AF A+ mode. I finally took out the batter and the memory cards and it now works just fine. Try that first

sutanu
Apprentice
check High ISO Noise Reduction settings.If it is in "High", your camera become slower .

sarwaar
Apprentice

Hi. I have the same problem when I'm taking photo for long exposure and make shutter speed to about 5" till 30" sec. after taking it says busy....please wait. memory card is 80 mb/s so what's the problem how can I fix that?

@sarwaar wrote:

Hi. I have the same problem when I'm taking photo for long exposure and make shutter speed to about 5" till 30" sec. after taking it says busy....please wait. memory card is 80 mb/s so what's the problem how can I fix that?

Turn off long exposure noise reduction.

Long-exposure-noise-reduction-6d.jpg

Announcements