cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80D - Busy - please wait.......

janh
Apprentice

Hello,

I am getting this message when ever i take more than 3 photos, and when taking more than 5 images i have to wait for appx 15 seconds, before every image is saved, and then i can see the photos.

Usually on EOS cameras, you can view the images in a rough version, while the camera is saving them.

This has been the behavior on all the eos cameras i have used and know off.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Best...Jan

16 REPLIES 16

ScottyP
Authority

The buffer on the 80d is a bit shallow, I have read, but you should not be having that much trouble with the camera writing images to the card. 

Are you you using an old slow card?  

Have you formatted the card for the 80d?

What format are you shooting in?  Raw + JPG would fill that buffer up pretty quickly. 

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

I am using the same card as in my 70D and 60D.

32gb Transcend Class 10.

And i know that the sensor is bigger, so therefore some bigger pictures (i am shooting RAW)

But the issue is more that usually while saving the images, you get to see a preview of the images.

But know that camera locks up completely until the buffer is empty, which is not typical Canon behavior.

Therefore i am hoping for a "secret reset" option, or a firmware update or some other trick.......

Best...Jan

@janhwrote:

I am using the same card as in my 70D and 60D.

Best...Jan

If you are using the same physical card in your 70D and 60D, did you reformat it in the 80D before using it?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

"I am getting this message when ever i take more than 3 photos, and when taking more than 5 images i have to wait for appx 15 seconds, before every image is saved, and then i can see the photos." 

Hmm.  Are you shooting single shot, or continous mode? As prevously noted, the 80D may have a limited buffer size, depending upon your file save format.  What are you photographing to create this "busy" condition?  We want to try to reproduce the circumstances.

Check which shooting mode the camera is in.  High ISO or long exposure compensation can cause delays under certain shooting scenarios.  Slow memory cards can also cause delays.  But, 15 seconds is a long time.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Or is the noise reduction on that takes a dark frame to look for hot pixels?

Maybe try a reset to default settings in Menu to rule out all the noise reduction/HDR/bracketing possibilities?

Scott

Canon 5d mk 4, Canon 6D, EF 70-200mm L f/2.8 IS mk2; EF 16-35 f/2.8 L mk. III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art" EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro; EF 85mm f/1.8; EF 1.4x extender mk. 3; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS; 3x Phottix Mitros+ speedlites

Why do so many people say "FER-tographer"? Do they take "fertographs"?

I have tried all of your great suggestions, but still have the problem ;-(

Just spoke to Canon, which suggested i send the camera in for repair.

So thanks for the help.

@janh wrote:

I have tried all of your great suggestions, but still have the problem ;-(

Just spoke to Canon, which suggested i send the camera in for repair.

So thanks for the help.

Before you do that why dont you try aother memory card? The card could be failing. Also what is the number in the lower right corner of the viewfinder? That number tells you what the buffer is.

I think the write speed of the 80D should be around 70-75 MB/s. The same as the 7DII and the 5Ds. Fastest write speed I have seen reported from a user was around 67 MB/s.

Announcements