cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80D Built In Flash Pops Up But Won't Fire

Toznator
Contributor

The built in flash on 80D pops up in Auto mode but won't fire.  I put "built in flash on" in the on mode and it will pop up but not fire.  I have been using 430EXIII RT and everything has been working fine.  Been shooting in P mode and built in flash and 430 have been working well.  Not sure if I have pressed the wrong button or what but I sure do need some help.  Thanks in advance.

38 REPLIES 38

MrGraphic
Contributor
I sent mine back to Canon under warranty. They said it was a loose flash cover. Fixed it no cost and in a week.

taebaker512
Apprentice
I tried this no luck. I’m going to take the camera to my local shop and have it repaired. I ordered a 70d body US version off Amazon and received a brand new 80d US version with warranty instead. I contacted the seller and they told me to keep the 80d. I called Canon customer service and they told me to ship it to them with the receipt and it would be fixed under warranty. The only problem is that my receipt shows that I purchased a 70d. I’m screwed.

@taebaker512 wrote:
I tried this no luck. I’m going to take the camera to my local shop and have it repaired. I ordered a 70d body US version off Amazon and received a brand new 80d US version with warranty instead. I contacted the seller and they told me to keep the 80d. I called Canon customer service and they told me to ship it to them with the receipt and it would be fixed under warranty. The only problem is that my receipt shows that I purchased a 70d. I’m screwed.

No you should be ok.  Just send to Canon and tell them what happened.  I would be very suprised if they don't honor the warranty.

I have printed out all of my correspondence with the dealer via Amazon and enclosed it with the camera. Getting ready to send her off to California. I'll keep ya'll posted on the outcome.

MrGraphic
Contributor

Same happenned to me after 1 month. Still uder warrenty. Sent to canon and they said it was a loose cover.They made the repair and the camera has worked after that, 5 monts ago.

Deetalx9
Apprentice
I got into same situation with my Canon 80D which is out of warranty... was just wondering how your problem solved in the end.

I am a Canon dealer for large format products and my rep said he would get if fixed for me the next time he was in the area.  Outside of that, I tried everything and can not get the flash to work.  I did borrow an external flash from a friend and that part worked.  I think the two solutions are to send in to get fixed or buy an external flash.  It seems to be a common problem with that camera.  I suggest investing in an external flash, at least you can you that with other equipment in future.  I do not like packing more equipment, but my next level of camera many not support a flash anyway!

Good luck

Yes, does seem to be a common problems.  I have 2 externals but dont always like to deal with them.  I have decided it is not worth the $ to fix.  Smiley Frustrated

100 % Agree and sad on new device.  I am sure mine was down during warranty period, but I assumed I was doing something wrong and worked around it.  When I took the time to figure out it was broken, I was not very happy!

Announcements