cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80D Built In Flash Pops Up But Won't Fire

Toznator
Contributor

The built in flash on 80D pops up in Auto mode but won't fire.  I put "built in flash on" in the on mode and it will pop up but not fire.  I have been using 430EXIII RT and everything has been working fine.  Been shooting in P mode and built in flash and 430 have been working well.  Not sure if I have pressed the wrong button or what but I sure do need some help.  Thanks in advance.

38 REPLIES 38

MrGraphic
Contributor

I am having the same problem. After 3 weeks use my flash stopped working. Tried the reset script with no luck. contacting canon next business day.

dynamix
Apprentice
I also have the same problem. Luckly got warranty. Will call tommorow canon.

tmc784
Enthusiast

Did you update the latest firmware 1.0.2 version  ?

Cheers.

No I havent. Should I ? 

Yes, you should.

Follow the update instruction carefully from Canon website.

Hope it will help after firmware updated.

Got 1.0.2 firmware.

@tmc784 wrote:

Did you update the latest firmware 1.0.2 version  ?

Cheers.

@dynamix wrote:

No I havent. Should I ? 

@tmc784 wrote:

Yes, you should.

Follow the update instruction carefully from Canon website.

Hope it will help after firmware updated.

First check to see what firmware your camera currently has. You may already have 1.0.2 installed. Early 80Ds had version 1.0.1 and there was a firmware update to 1.0.2 which would have been  factory installed on later 80Ds.

If you are comfortable with the upgrade process, then go ahead, but there is nothing in 1.0.2 that would fix a flash problem. 

Firmware Version 1.0.2 incorporates the following improvement and fix: 

1. Improves the reliability of communication via USB cable when using the Lens Data Registration function within EOS Utility 3 software.
  2. Fixes incorrect indications in the Norwegian menu screens.

Mike Sowsun

Mike, already got the newest firmware. Got camera for 2 months, yesterday flash stop working ;/ flash is opening but without flash..

Send it Canon for service because there is obviously something wrong and there is no way to fix it yourself. 

Mike Sowsun

It's a shame such a good camera has a problem like thius. Mine was repaired twice and seems to be repaired. Has worked for about four months now. The "Flash cover" is what I was told was the problem. Mine was under warranty and was repaired at no cost.

Announcements