cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7D vertical (aspect ratio) lines in play mode and live view... and can't get them to go away.

JLS
Apprentice

Hi,

Yesterday, after putting a freshly charged battery into our two-year old 7D, noticed that two vertical bars appeared (only) in Play mode or Live View. The bars, which I believe are aspect ratio indicators, are not recorded onto the image.

Problem is twofold: 1) I did not set the 7D to display these bars, and 2) even when I go into the aspect ratio settings menu, am not able to make the lines vanish.

Have tried removing and resetting the battery, changing the aspect ratio setting, turning camera on an off, etc.

Aside from this glitch, the camera has performed flawlessly of late, is in pristine condition, and has been using the latest firmware update. 

Would hope that there is a way to resolve this without having to send the body back to Canon.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks,

JLS

1 REPLY 1

JLS
Apprentice

Here's the good (and rather embarrassing) news: Went through all of my troubleshooting steps for the umpteenth time, and now the problem appears resolved. At least I hope it is. The aspect ratio was indeed set incorrectly. Either operator error (hence the embarrassment) or a certain young someone (a daughter who shall remain nameless) having played with the 7D. 

Sorry for posting a head-scratcher.

Announcements