cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7D mk2 horizontal line across image at higher ISOs

JasSingh685
Apprentice

So just over a year ago I purchased by first Canon DSLR, brand new, and am enjoying using it. However the past couple weeks i've noticed, especially in darker areas or higher ISOs, that the camera would produce a very clear, sharp, perfectly horizontal line across my image, about halfway up, halfway across from the right. I hope you guys can see it from the uploaded images, right clicking to open into a new tab makes it a lot easier to see.

Has anyone ever experienced this before? I'm really fearing the worst - sensor issue. Especially as I'm out of warranty now. I've tried a new SD card, re-flashing firmware, factory reset, and different lenses (Sigma F1.4 and my Canon USM 18-135mm) The line appears even if there is no card installed (when you quickly preview the image), but does not appear at ISO below 800, nor is it visible in live view mode while zoomed in digitally, or in a video recording! I'm very confused.

Is there anything else I could try?

Thank you in advance!304A10671.JPG304A0984.JPG304A10671.JPG

10 REPLIES 10

I think we both know it is a sensor or hardware failure more likely the sensor.  Call Canon 1 (800) 652-2666

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements