cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7D mk II connect issue

FredJ
Contributor

Hi,

I've tried to connect via the supplied cable my 7D2 to my MacBookPro.  I have a 2009 13' MBP with USB2 ports.  My softwares for use with the 7D2 are up to date (EOS utility, Lightroom).

I shoot tethered all the time with my 5D3 on that computer using those software without issues.

When I connect the 7D2, EOS Utility simply doesn't see it.  When attempting to tether shoot with Lr, the camera attempts to connect but fails, the connection is just blinking between connected / not connected... and doesn't settle.

I've tested the camera and cable on an other computer (PC), no issues.

Anyone else having trouble like this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Problem solved with EOS Utilities.  The issue with Lightroom is that the latest version doesn't support tethered shoot with the 7D2... so will have to wait for that.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Fay
Contributor

Is your software up to date on that computer? Fay

Yes Fay, as stated in my original post the software used to test the camera is up to date.

Oops. Sorry.

Mykolas
Authority

FredJ,

Are there any devices connected to your MacBook other than the camera, like a printer or an external drive?  Is the MacBook connected to AC power?

If this is a time sensitive-matter, additional support options are available at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello Mike,

I've tested again this morning with Lightroom, here's what I did:

1.  No other devices connected, 7D2 using battery

2.  USB drive connected, 7D2 using battery

3.  No other devices connected, 7D2 using Canon ACK-E6

4.  USB drive connected, 7D2 using Canon ACK-E6

The connection doesn't settle in any case.  See below a small unedited clip showing the behaviour of the camera and Lr.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28457054/7D2%20tethered%20test.m4v

For EOS Utility, when opened and waiting for a camera to connect, it simply does not react to the camera when I turn it on.

I forgot, yes, the MacBookPro was on AC power.  😉

Problem solved with EOS Utilities.  The issue with Lightroom is that the latest version doesn't support tethered shoot with the 7D2... so will have to wait for that.

Announcements