Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: 7D Mk2 Not Recognized by Windows 10

@1oldhabu wrote:

I have a Canon 7D and 7D MkII and my Dell XPS desktop and laptop will not recognize either of my cameras which are connected with the USB cable. I get the 4 beeps when it's connected but that's all. They both worked fine a couple of months ago, now nothing. I use the laptop for tethered shooting.
My wife's HP desktop and son's old Dell inspiron, both running Win 10, does recognize both.

Can you read the memory card in Windows Explorer?

If you are implying that the EOS Utility does not automatically start, I suggest that you go into the C:\Programs folder and start it up manually after you get the four beeps.  I think those two cameras use different versions of the EOS Utility, too.  Might have to do it for each camera.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Frequent Contributor

I understand your frustration! I have been to Microsoft with this problem and and had no success. I reckon the problem lies in the Windows updates but of course they won't hear of any such thing. Good luck with it. I was thinking of rolling back the Windows upgrades but this is the only thing that's annoying me, so I'm considering myself lucky.

New Contributor

I'm not implying anything about the EOS utility. I'm saying my computer and software,  Lightroom, Windows Explorer and EOS Utility will not recognize either of my cameras. I use my laptop with Lightroom for tether shooting 

I can and do use a card reader on my desktop

New Contributor

Funny how they work fine on my wife's HP desktop and my son's old Dell Inspiron with the same version of Windows 10.
New Contributor

I found that EOSInfo changed the USB driver. I reinstalled Windows 10 and alll my programs, minus EOSInfo and everything works fine.