Canon Community Canon Community

VIP

Re: 7D Mk2 Not Recognized by Windows 10

The 7D2 uses EOSU 3. It is possible that your shutter count application is blocking the EOS Utility from accessing the camera.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I don't rent software. I use Photoshop CS6, ACR 9.8 and Lightroom 6.8 ."
Frequent Contributor

I don't have any shutter count software installed any more, so the problem still exists.

VIP

I have already told you to do. Start EOSU3 manually. But you chose to remove the software.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frequent Contributor

I'm sorry, but I asked if it needed to be installed but you didn't say it had to be, I thought it was just a sugestion to try it. I will install EOS Utility 3 and see what happens. I did have it installed and the 7D2 still was not recognised. Thanks for helping out.

Frequent Contributor

I installed EOS Utility 3 and still Windows 10 Pro won't recognise the 7D2. BUT it is shown twice in the autoplay list! I'm confused.

SH7_ 1099.jpg

VIP

@Isac wrote:

I'm sorry, but I asked if it needed to be installed but you didn't say it had to be, I thought it was just a sugestion to try it. I will install EOS Utility 3 and see what happens. I did have it installed and the 7D2 still was not recognised. Thanks for helping out.

How many times do I have to say it.   You need to manually start the EOS Utility 3.  

Adjusting the “AutoPlay” settings will only confuse things.  I recommend completely deleting the EOS Utility and starting over from the beginning.  Once it is installed, all you need to do is manually start the EOS Utility just one time.

Frequent Contributor

It appears you think I am stupid. I can assure you that I am not. I did uninstall ALL Canon programs and then re-installed EOS Utility 3. I re-booted my PC and the EOS Utility 3 was on my toolbar - so I quit the program and then double clicked the icon to run EOS Utility 3. I connected the Canon EOS 7D Mark II and powered it on. So I did run it manually and it does not detect my Canon 7D Mark II. It does seem this is not going to be solved here, so thank you for your patience. Here are the screen shots.

#1: Turning OFF the EOS Utility 3 program.

SH7_ 1101.jpg

#2: EOS Utility 3 NOT detecting my powered ON Canon EOS 7D Mark II camera and the Icon of EOS Utilty 3.

SH7_ 1103.jpg

VIP

The program you showing in your screenshot is “EOS Utility Launcher” you need to manually start “EOS Utility 3”.

There is no icon for it. You must go to the folder where Canon applications are stored and manually start the program While you are there you may want to create a separate shortcut icon for it

Occasional Contributor

You will simply not believe how simple the answer is...................

‘’Remove the WiFi card prior to attaching the camera cable which connects to the camera & Computer.”

re attach the camera to computer via canon cable. 

‘’It will now work

VIP

“ I am only using the CF card and don't use the WiFi card supplied with the camera. “

Not so simple. I do not think removing the Wi-Fi card will help.