cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7D Mark II high speed drive question

ilzho
Rising Star
Is there a way with the 7D Mark II to setup the high speed drive to take a few photos in succession (hands free) without touching the shutter button or wired trigger?
I do not have an assistant and am working on a high speed photography idea, but would need both hands to create the effect I want to capture.
Is there a way to set up the 2 or 10 sec delay to take a few photos in quick succession without needing to touch the shutter button (except to start the delay timer)? Or any other configuration??

Thank you,
David
12 REPLIES 12

That's cool and very god to know.

Thank you!

I just have a cheap wired trigger for $8.99 and not the TC-80N3.

Guess I'll need to fork over $134 for it.....

You are welcome.  I am not 100% sure it would work the same on the 7D but I am pretty confident it would.  I also tried it on my 1DX (non Mark II) model and it works the same with it in providing a series of shots.  Effectively it is doing the equivalent of holding the shutter release electronically when in long exposure mode so with the camera set to continuous it will keep shooting.

You can find a used one on Ebay for a lot less than new, they are a very common accessory that has been around for a long time.  I bought mine back in 2005 from B&H at the same time I ordered my 1D Mark II.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

@ilzho wrote:

The easiest solution is for a 25' wired shutter remote. Too bad I can't find one.....

Vello makes a 10’ Extension (I see that checking B&H Photo) but I don’t see anything longer.  (warning:  it gets some poor reviews.  Read the comments on it before buying.)

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements