Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

Re: 7D Mark II Exposure Level Indicator in Manual Mode

Well, I already bought EOS 7D M2, to upgrade from EOS7D. I heavily use the exposure meter in Manual mode.  It was very convenient in 7D.  Now, in M2, it is an inconvenience, because it is not clearly visible in Manual mode.  It is an annoyance, and I am not happy about it.  

New Contributor

For me, that is not an option any more.  It is too late for that.  I bought Mark-II because my EOS 7D developed problem.  It was flashing the sensor cleaning screen every 2 seconds, even when the camera was turned off.  And if I had a memory card in it, the light was also flashing between the sensor cleaning screen.  I didn't want to spend over $500 to have it repaired.  But I had it repaired it anyway because I thought I'll sell it. The buyer backed out, and now I have two 7D's, original, and Mark-II.  And I am using the original more than the Mark-II because of the Exposure Meter issue with the Mark-II.  It is frustrating.

Occasional Contributor

I wrote to Canon via 'snail mail' and received a reply they would look into changing the firmware.  That was over a year ago and after that intitial response there was no more communication.  I have not used my 7D MII in over a year.  I could have been a perfect camera but it is not. 

I have had thoughts of posting about it on Facebook to get more exposure but I have not done that. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@mpddberry wrote:

I wrote to Canon via 'snail mail' and received a reply they would look into changing the firmware.  That was over a year ago and after that intitial response there was no more communication.  I have not used my 7D MII in over a year.  I could have been a perfect camera but it is not. 

I have had thoughts of posting about it on Facebook to get more exposure but I have not done that. 

While it is always nice to have flexibility in customizing the camera's settings to fit the way you do things. I'm happy with the Pro layout of the 7D Mk II's exposure meter.