cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7D MK II picture issue

seafans
Contributor

Recently purchased a new &d MKii.  (yesterday)  Using a Conon 100-400 lens and taking pictures high speed and continuous with the shutter release button and then looking at the in Lightroom all the pictures "grayed out" about 30% on the right side of the photo.  How can this be.  This is the 8th canon camera that I have owned and used.  I have never seen this before.

Steve

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

From Canon:

Thank you for following up with us.

It is strange the way the right hand side of the image is grayed out. Does this issue happen often or just in this particular environment? Does the gray area stay consistent in the other images you referred to with the same issue?

If you have not already done so I recommend performing a couple of resets on the camera for further testing. Please follow the instructions below.

Power Reset

1. Make sure the camera is off, and then remove the battery, memory card, and lens.

2. Close the battery/memory card doors.

3. Turn the power switch to the "ON" position, and then press and hold down the shutter button for 10 seconds.

4. Release the shutter button, turn the power switch to the "OFF" position, reinsert the battery, memory card, and attach the lens.

5. Power the camera on.

Settings Reset

1. While the camera is on turn the mode dial to "P" which is the program mode which allows all menu options to become available then press the menu button.

2. Move across the top of the menu to the last wrench tab. (Yellow tabs)

3. Go down the menu list to "Clear Settings" and press the Set button.

4. Choose "Clear all Camera Settings", and press the set button.

5. To complete the reset highlight "OK" and press the Func./Set button again.

6. Next, move over to the Custom Functions menu list.

7. Reset the "Clear all Custom Func." settings as well.

We look forward to your reply with the information we have requested. Thank you for choosing Canon.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

Thank you for the advice. I followed the precedure set out in the link and have managed to register from the M dial settings into C1 and C2 (this is the same procedure I thought I had been using all along except that I used the Multi controller to move along the items). However when I try to register another different setting on C3, it shows exactly what I had registered in C2 ! The top left box in the display shows "C2M" instead of "C3M. Well At least I've got two shooting modes working now. 

Announcements