Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

77D Wont turn on

gintelis
Apprentice

Hey Canon Community!
I have an issue with my 77D
I shut it off for 5 min and then tried to turn it back on but it just doesn't !
Tried everything, checking batteries, cheking SD cards and all those small little clicks that are next to them. I changed lenses. 
Nothing. Put in few different batteries - No reaction !
have seen 70 D problems and tried to fix them with their tutorials but nothing !
I read that it could me mother board that is dead but i hope you guys have some input !
Thanks and take care !

4 REPLIES 4

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Have you tried to turn it one without an SD card, or an attached lens.  If you are using a 3rd party battery grip, then remove that, too, and try to forget where you left it.

If all else fails, then your camera may need service.  Contact Canon at 1-800-OK-CANON.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

thanks for the fast response.
I took out my SD card and my lense, still no power 😕
i have only Canon lenses and i have normal bateries
i live in Denmark so not sure if that number can help 😄

@gintelis wrote:

Hey Canon Community!
I have an issue with my 77D
I shut it off for 5 min and then tried to turn it back on but it just doesn't !
Tried everything, checking batteries, cheking SD cards and all those small little clicks that are next to them. I changed lenses. 
Nothing. Put in few different batteries - No reaction !
have seen 70 D problems and tried to fix them with their tutorials but nothing !
I read that it could me mother board that is dead but i hope you guys have some input !
Thanks and take care !

A weak component on a circuit board is most likely to fail when the device is first turned on. Just sayin'.  Smiley Sad

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

"I read that it could me mother board that is dead but i hope you guys have some input !"

Don't know if it is the MB but I do know you need to send it to wherever the authorized Canon service center is in Denmark.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements