cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70d is producing shots with prominent white streaks! Cleaned everything. Sensor issue!? Thoughts?

LookingGlassGir
Contributor
My 70d suddenly started taking shots with a PROMINENT white streak! The smaller the aperture the more prominent it is...this led me to believe it may be a dust issue ( although I have never seen dust accumulate this way) so I thoroughly cleaned everything. It didn't seem to help. Any thoughts? It seems as though it might be a sensor issue...which I would hate to replace!
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Looks like a shutter problem.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

View solution in original post

It was a sticky shutter blade. Camera was still under warranty, so it was a free fix. 

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

Here are two examples shot on diffrent days. Initially ( the birds) I just thought it was sunflare...and shrugged it off. The next day this appeared in every image I took! Slightly altered by setting and light, but it was alwayse present. 

Thank You for your input!

bird.jpg282.jpg

azdew
Contributor

I am having the same issue. Dropped 70D off this morining for estimate. 

I believe the same issue reported here with a sample picture: http://community.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/70D-light-leak-issue/m-p/133663#M12227

How much was the estimate?  And how old is your 70d?  It looks like there have been a rash of these issues, and I'm curious if the problem cameras are about the same age.

Have you found out the issue I too am having the same problemWhite Streaks 70D

It was a sticky shutter blade. Camera was still under warranty, so it was a free fix. 

Thank you so much i'll get it checked out

Lconte
Apprentice

Im currently having this issue!

I tried to clean the sensor and its still happening 😞

has anyone had to send this in for repairs?

I had mine fixed at a local camera shop (Tempe Camera) for about $250 but that was over 2 years ago. They had it for about a week and replaced the shutter. I suspect the price probably has gone up. My camera is still going strong with the new shutter and I use it to shoot two or three games each week and a lot of fun stuff in between.  

I see this is a common thing with Canons.  Not happy at this moment that this is also happening with my 70D.  I've never had an issue with Canons before this.  

IMG_3239.JPG

I think its prpbably a failing shutter.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements