cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70d focus issue - admins answers please.

Itaysab
Contributor
Will you admit that lot of 70d suffering focus issues?
Will you fix it by firmware update? Recall?

It's a big shame that everybody on the net speak about it and waste 1000 dollars and you just ignore us!!

I would like to get some answers please.

Thank you.
7 REPLIES 7

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Plenty of people have no problems with the 70D.  Maybe check your routine.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

I checked it believe me.
It's the third body I working with.
Lot of people compline on this issue and Canon keep silence.

For me I'm shamed for canon!

I have the same issue. It's odd, I've had the 70d since November-ish. I used to be a '2nd shooter' at weddings w/ just my olf Nikon d5100 & a 50mm 1.8 for portraits, and the kit lens for wides. Total N00b. .I started getting a grasp of things, and my wedding partner decided to double-book a bunch fo weddings. Since he was a Canon user, and I was looking for an upgrade to the 5100, I switched to canon & bought a 70D. Since then he's complained about focus issues, blaming me, and since i'm newer to this gig, took it to heart and assumed it was me. I have a steady hand, and believe to not be any kind of user error - I know how to shoot. 

Today I discovered the 50+ pages of forum complaints on http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1354075 & the Canon forums http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/EOS/When-will-canon-fix-the-focus-issues-with-the-70D/td-p/79330/page... - to find out that it might have been the camera all along? I just told the guy to screw off this weekend and quit because obviously I wasn't the photographer he needed... This focus problem hasn't been confirmed for me this week, but shooting w/ Tamron 17-50 2.8 & canon f4L 24-105, sure seems like theyr'e in the range of speculation here... 

Will there be an update/recall to fix this?

Today I stumbled across a video (from the canon forums link) showing two photographers describing their issue w/ live view vs viewfinder view, and focusins on the center focal point for lenses 1.4-4.0... this sounds a LOT like my issue and am praying I can find an answer to this without having to call canon and RMA it. 

We are not the only one!
This problem is all over the world and canon ignore us.

Such a shame!
I sand the camera back to the shop (canon Israel) and the sad that they never hear about this problem...

Big lay! 5 days ago I meat someone that complain to the about the same issue.

I working as a lawyer and I promise to you, if Canon keep ignore us I'll fight so hard that no one will buy canons cameras.

@Itaysab wrote:
I working as a lawyer and I promise to you, if Canon keep ignore us I'll fight so hard that no one will buy canons cameras.

Wow! You have a very high opinion of yourself.

Nothing about opinion.
If I paid 1200 usd to buy an item and when problem wake up I get slap on my face, it's not so hard to convene other to use another manufactor.

In the Israeli camera forum 23 sand the cameras and ask for full refund.

It's a start!
Lot of people does not aware to the problem yet.. Talking about it will expose them and the results won't late to come!

@ghstinshll wrote:

I have a steady hand, and believe to not be any kind of user error - I know how to shoot. 

Of course, it couldn't possibly be you. Anymore than it could possibly be a user error for any of the 50 or so users that have taken to the internet, demanding their pound of meat.

There is no question that the 70D uses different focus technologies depending on whether you're using the viewfinder or live-view. Live-view is more sensitive in low contrast scenarios. But this is true of my 5D2.

You wouldn't start shooting as a 2nd with a camera which you haven't fully mastered on someone's wedding day, would you? Because, the timing you report suggests that you did just that.

Announcements