cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70D wont power up

jokerface888
Apprentice

Hello,

I have a 70D that I purchased in 2014. I took a few photos and then the camera froze after pressing the shutter. It would not turn off without pulling the battery. Thinking it was a battery problem, I charged the battery and tried it later that night. The camera would not turn on. I tried a different battery altogether, but the camera still refuses to boot. The indicator light does not light up after closing the battery door for either of the batteries. I have tried many ways to get it to start up: different batteries, formatted memory card, with and without memory card, without and without lens, etc. It's not the battery door either.

Please advise. Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Please advise."

You need to call Canon Support.  Smiley Sad

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

TCampbell
Elite
Elite

The memory card door also has a microswtich that prevents the camera from powering up unless the door is closed and the switch is engaged.  Have you checked that door switch?

Your camera has a 1 year warranty.  If you are within your warranty you should open a service ticket with Canon immediately.  That way you have a record of the problem while the camera is still within the factory warranty period.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da
Announcements