cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70D still overheating, even after repair.

brihanala78
Apprentice

My 70D, which I've had since 2014, recently died during a video shoot; the screen froze, and it wouldn't turn off. I had to take the battery out, which turned it off, but it never came back on, even when trying other batteries. It had the start of the serial number(s) that were a weird batch, and caused the "error 70/80" issue, so Canon (surprisingly quickly) replaced the circuit board for free. I got it back a couple of days ago and just tried it out for the first time. I only took some photos, didn't even try video, and it warmed up pretty fast, same as it was doing prior to failing. 😞 I mean, I feel lucky that it lasted as long as it did, because it's always had an overheating problem, but I was really hoping this repair would fix that.

I'm unsure what to do. I don't wanna be a burden by contacting Canon again so soon, lol. Should I accept my hot camera and strap an ice pack to it? 😅

I guess I'm wondering what you would do in my position, or if anyone has experienced the same/something similar. Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

If I were you I would contact Canon again. Let them decide if it's "a burden" or not.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements