cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70D seems to have stopped autofocusing

schaffs
Apprentice

I have searched and searched through these posts, and elsewhere online, but have not found a solution.

70D camera seems to not be able to focus.

Was working great a few days ago, have never had a problem in the previous 2 years.

Have recently been using the camera for video, and busted back out the kit lens.  Was working great for a couple weeks.

Then it started to not autofocus.  Assumed it was that the lens autofocus motor went bad.

In doing photography like I had previously always done, started noticing other lenses were having trouble focusing.

They they would take multiple instances of focus attempts before they finally found focus.

Now it seems like I can't get a focus at all.

Lens most recently tried is the 24mm2.8

Tried focusing on several different distances.  Lens just keeps focusing near and far continually, never landing on a focus.

I cleaned the contacts of the lenses.  Didn't help.  Cleaned the contacts of the camera, didn't help.

Tried different settings on the camera, didn't help.

Robot Sad

2 REPLIES 2

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum schaffs.

First try resetting all camera settings and clearing all custom functions using the camera menu system. If that doesn't resolve your problem, try here:

https://imaging.chat/

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

You can AF using either the optical viewfinder, or the LCD screen on the back. Have you tried using both methods to AF?

Mike Sowsun
Announcements