cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

70D image recovery issue

kittybiscuit88
Contributor

hello all

I had a photoshoot today with several hundred photos.  I previewed them as i was shooting and then scrolled through them in camera when I got home.  Later, I tried viewing my card in LR and only a handful of photos are there, others say 'preview unavailable.'  I put the card back in my camera and the same handful of images are available but all of the others say 'cannot playback image.'

I know there are recovery softwares out there.  My question...  which one is most legit?  I'm panicking here.  My card is an Ultra 32gb Sandisk.  

Also, what happened?  Any idea?  I've used this card before and I don't understand why i can see 5-6 images but not the rest. I didn't change any settings - what did I screw up?  Is there any hope?

I don't want to try the recovery until I have a good plan.  I'm worried I will damage my card further or something.

Thanks,

Melissa

13 REPLIES 13

"I recovered my pictures."

Fan-tip-toc-tas-tic !    Smiley Very Happy

"I will not use this card again..."

Wise move, very wise move.

"I will never delete in camera again..."

That did not cause the problem,  You may delete in camera as you wish.

"I can stop feeling like I’m going to puke."

I know the feeling.  It will pass, Kido. It will pass.  You learn. You correct and you move on. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

kittybiscuit88
Contributor
Lol, thank you 🙂

kittybiscuit88
Contributor
Thank you for the advice! I actually usually go right to LR but this time for some reason I just tried to open them up from my computer. I wasn’t really going to edit but I just wanted a quick look to check sharpness. I’ve really been trying to work on it and I feel like pics look sharp in camera sometimes and then you can see the slight blur in LR, as you likely know. Anyway.... this is not important and I’m rambling but I skipped LR this time just for a super quick look.

And I wish I was a kiddo! Thanks again for the help! I wasn’t very intimidated to post but appreciate the kind answers.

"And I wish I was a kiddo!"

I am sure you are compared to me. Smiley Happy 

One more unsolicited piece of advice.  Upon import have a LR preset that does lens correction automatically. That is one thing thta has to be doen to each and every photo.  Perhaps it might deal with any softness you see. Also when you do any sharpening make sure you use the alt key for masking what you don't want sharpened.

All the best...........................kido!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements